Effective Date August 1, 2017
By using the Site, you agree that the purpose of the Site is to function as a political engagement social networking platform that is aimed at promoting good governance by providing a medium where individuals with political interests can share, engage and interact with each other or political organizations and leaders on issues they are passionate about. Through your use of the Site you will be able to communicate with other individuals or organizations and post content, videos, comments, and other material. This content comprises the “User Content.” By using the Site, you are posting the content to the Site and the Site will store a copy of your content.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Site collects various types of information through your use of the site. Each type is outlined below.
Information that You Provide Directly to the Site:
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
All information collected through your use of the Site is to improve the Site and its service. We may use this information to: develop and improve our product; fix security issues; remove bugs; monitor usage; identify trends; personalize services for your account; improve our advertising content; verify your identity; and enforce our usage policies. While this list is not exhaustive, it is representative. Your information will only be used for the purposes of improving the Site and will not be sold or leased.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We will never sell or lease your information to third parties. However, there are some instances where we share your information. These include:
- This includes your username, password, email address, contact information, and any other information provided when you register for an account on the Site.
- Any display names or profile information that you provide to be displayed on your account.
- All User Content that you post to the Site including, but not limited to, videos, comments, photos, and other audio, video, or written materials.
- Any communications between you and the Site such as for technical support, security notices, or notices of changes to the Site. You cannot opt-out of Site-related emails.
- From time to time, the Site may use third-party analytics tools to collect data about trends in traffic and usage of the Site. This information will be aggregated and will not be traceable back to you individually.
- The Site may collect information about your activity on the Site including how you use the Site, how you interact with others on the Site, and data and statistics about your use of the Site. This information will be aggregated and used to help improve the App, and will not be traceable back to you individually.
- The Site collects information about the content you provide including any metadata associated with the content and when and the number of times your content is viewed by others.
- When you access the Site, we may gather device-specific information such as the type of device being used, the operating system and version, the browser being used, the language, the wireless network or mobile network information, phone number, or other unique device identifiers.
- We may collect information about your location including city, state, and country when you access the Site with your consent through method like GPS, cellular towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other wireless network information.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Log File Information
- Log file information is data that is generated and retained each time you use the App. This includes details like when you log in, your IP address, what device you are using, how you use the Site, pages and profiles you view, and crash reports.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
- Sharing your public profile information and User Content with other users of the Site, such as with potential candidates.
- Sharing any information you have specifically authorized us to share through in-Site prompts.
- Sharing content you post or upload to the extent of your User Content permissions. For example, sharing your information with a potential candidate as directed.
There are also instances when we may share information gathered from you in aggregate form with other data, in which case it will not be identifiable to you. Situations where this information may be shared include:
- With third party service providers we engage to help analyze our performance and improve our services.
- With potential advertisers to demonstrate our demographics.
We may also be required to share your information for legal reasons if the disclosure is necessary to:
Comply with the applicable law, a government request, or legal proceedings.
Investigating or enforcing any violations of the App usage policies.
Protecting our rights and those of other users.
- Additionally, some features of this Site are made possible by the use of third party integrations, and your information may be shared with these third parties for the purposes of providing the services available on the Site.
Your information will be stored in the United States or in any other country where the Site maintains servers. We use all commercially reasonable methods to secure your information and take all reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing access to your account. However, there is always a potential risk of inadvertent disclosure when transmitting information over the Internet and you agree to hold the Site harmless for any such disclosures or interference.
We will have access to your available content for as long as you are an active user of the Site. Should you deactivate your account, your content will be removed within a reasonable time. You may also delete or edit content you upload at any time.
Additionally, the Site may in its discretion purge content after a reasonable period of time. You should routinely save any content from the Site for your records. It is your responsibility to back-up this information and the Site assumes no responsibility for storing copies of your content. However, the Site may, in its discretion, retain content or information for the purpose of improving the Site.
You may limit our collection of information about your account in the following ways:
This Site is not intended for or directed at anyone under the age of thirteen (13) and this Site does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). All users of this site expressly represent that they are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have the ability to enter into a binding agreement.
- Disabling cookies on your browser
- Denying Site permissions (however, this will result in decreased functionality of the App)
- Unsubscribing from e-mail communication
- Updating your profile privacy settings